Saturday, March 15, 2014

Travel

I have always loved traveling, but have not had much opportunity for it. Growing up, we always had the seemingly mandatory one week family vacation to the beach or the mountains, a couple times to Disney world, and one time out West. And I've been on class field trips, but these typically only last a couple days and don't go any further north than Virginia.
But last year, I went to Boston for a whole week. I went for a missions trip, but I also fell in love with the big-city atmosphere. I even liked taking the subway! Everything was so new and exotic to me, from Little Italy to downtown to the metropolitan area.
And this year, I'll have even more opportunities to travel. I'll go to Islamorada, Florida, for Camp Caleb in July with my friends. I'll be kicking my senior year off with a trip to New York City. I honestly am so excited about this, because I've never been to New York City. Whenever I asked my dad if we could go, he would always say, "You'll go your senior year of high school, just wait until then." And then I'll be concluding my senior year with a trip to Europe, my first time out of the country. I also want to go to California sometime. I hope when I'm older I will have the flexibility and the money to be able to travel a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment