Saturday, March 15, 2014

Positivity Journal

While I believe it's important to write about your feelings, both good and bad, it's also important to focus a lot on the positive side of things. I don't consider myself an optimist. But I'm also not a pessimist. I'm kind of a positive realist.
Writing down negative things can be helpful-it allows you to sort through them in your own head by getting them out on paper, and feel like you're telling someone without annoying others with your  constant needs to "vent", "rant," and "talk." But if you focus too much on the negative, you miss the good side of things.
Life will never be all good, but it also won't be all bad. It will be a mixture of the two, light and dark. Recently a friend of mine suggested I use a small journal to carry around with me and write about the good things of my day. I call it my positivity journal-in it goes inspiring quotes, my thoughts, bright moments, sometimes stickers and pictures. Whenever I'm sad, I can take it out and look at all the happy things that have happened and remember-everything will be all right in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment