Thursday, October 10, 2013

Running

My feet rhythmically pound the ground. I am out of breath. The wind is whistling in my ears. I am running.
I love running because it makes me feel free. I feel like I am flying when I run. It is a good outlet for excess energy.
Running is an easy sport to get into because it is inexpensive and you can fit it into almost any schedule. It doesn't matter how much you run, as long as you get into the habit of running. Eventually you will build up your endurance and be able to run faster and longer distances. 
When I was a freshman and sophomore, I developed shin splints which kept me from running when they got really bad. It was hard because I enjoyed running and couldn't do what I loved to do. Now that my legs have healed I can get back into it and experience again. This time I won't take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment