Thursday, October 10, 2013

Comfort Zone

They say that life begins outside of your comfort zone. It seems like it would be the other way around-the best things in life would happen during a situation where you are completely secure and comfortable with the surroundings, right? Wrong.
Comfort zones tend to box people in to limits that they impose on themselves and refuse to cross. They tell themselves "I'm comfortable here. Why cross that line into a realm where something bad might happen to me?" It's easy to develop this mentality, and so much harder to break out of it.
Some of the best experiences of my life happened when I stepped out of my comfort zone, from things as minor as riding a roller coaster to as major as attending the youth and government conference to debate bills. I found that when I stepped "out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown", (Voice of Truth, Casting Crowns) I ended up having more fun than if I had stayed in my comfortable little box.
 "Fix You", by Coldplay, says that "If you never try you'll never know/Just what you're worth." Sometimes, the fear of failure can convince you to not even try something, but you can't let this happen. You could succeed, but you won't know unless you try. And if you mess up, your mistakes will teach you a lesson and show you how to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment