Thursday, October 10, 2013

Poem

Oh why did I wait
Until it was so late
To write these blog posts?

I don't know what to write about
So let's just wait and see.
Should I write about a ghost
Since it's nearing Halloween?

Or maybe the leaves
How they change colors in the fall
Or men named Steve
Who walk through the mall.

Or the government shutdown
Have they lost their mind?
It's like they left town
And left nothing behind.

Or the problems in Syria
That you hear on the news.
There's just so much drama,
What will they choose?

This poem needs to be twice as long
As it is right now
I realize waiting was really wrong
I just might have a cow.

How? How would I have a cow?
It is not biologically possible.
But "Don't take this literally, now,
That would not be plausible."

I could write about the sky
And how it has so many colors
But that would take up so much time
You might begin to shudder.

I could write about that airplane
That I hear outside my window
Maybe they are flying to Spain
Or maybe just Greensboro.

I could write about the songs
That I sing to myself at night
Or whether it is right or wrong
To turn away or fight.

There are so many things to write about
But right now, I haven't the time.
However, I have absolutely no doubt
They will come, later tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment