Monday, December 16, 2013

Lately I've Been Happy


Lately, I’ve been happy. Like something, somewhere, deep down inside, is finally okay. Maybe while the joints of my body are falling out of place, the fragmented pieces of my soul are starting to fall into place, and hold together with the glue that the rest of me doesn’t seem to have.

Lately this fear I’ve been suppressing about what could possibly be wrong with me to cause these joint problems and pain has been hovering closer to the surface, threatening to break through the thin barrier that separates the back of my mind from my overanalyzed thoughts. And I keep on pushing it back, refusing to think about it.

But lately I’ve been learning how to get past it. Yes, it is kind of scary to have joints go where they don’t belong and you don’t know why. It is kind of scary to wake up not knowing what’s going to hurt that day, how far you’ll feel like walking that day. But it doesn’t change anything. Just something new to deal with, another challenge to conquer. Like depression, except this is physical. And maybe I’ll learn something. After all, I have plenty to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment