Monday, May 19, 2014

Galaxy


I am a bundle of contradictions

Mixed up jumbled together opposites.

I am logic and order and numbers.

Everything adds up and makes sense

And you draw a neat little box

Around your solution at the end.

But I am also creativity and spontaneity and art.

Chaos and confusion and color.

I am the perfectly put together lawyer,

Defending a client in court.

I am a doctor in scrubs,

Saving the life of a patient.

I am a painter,

With color in my hair

And a sparkle in my eyes.

I am a beggar,

Living on the streets,

Hungry and alone.

I am a dancer,

Naked and wild.

I am everything,

And nothing,

All at once.

 

I wonder how can this be.

Maybe it is because I am a galaxy.

I am filled to the brim

With stars and planets and nebulae,

And rainbow patterns of dust,

Swirling around in the gravityless land

Beyond the atmosphere.

 

But while I am all these things,

I am a vacuum of empty space,

Black holes, waiting to swallow the sky.

Hungrily searching to obliterate all in their wake.

 

So maybe on the days when I break down,

Maybe on the days that I’m sure I’ve hit rock bottom

Because my soul is an empty, searching black hole

Aching, deep in the middle of my chest,

I need to remember

The galaxy in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment